Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SCHOOL'S OUT


I graduated today! I was crowned with a tall hat, just like the ones you see in the movies! It was so fun to be there with my classmates, all of whom I grew to love in the past six months. Many were relieved and ready to move on, but I’m sad to see it all end. It was such a great feeling to wake up every morning and go somewhere I really wanted to go. Although I’ve had great jobs before, at the end of the day they were jobs, and culinary school was such a breath of fresh air after that. I had my qualms about it during the first few weeks but they disappeared, and now I only wish I had just a little bit more time there. I’ve always loved food – the cooking, the eating, the sharing – and now I love it even more. There is much more territory to cover, much more food to taste and prepare, however, so despite the fact that I’m writing with a little knot in my throat right now, I’ll gulp it down and move on to the next course.

No comments: